Monday, May 2, 2016

"Faith; A Principle Worth Living by" - Week 95

May 2nd, 2016

 Well, first off... Happy Mother's day! The world would be a much much darker place without the kind and sweet disposition of selfless service and intuition of mother's all over the earth. I for one, am particularly grateful for my own mother's selflessness and sweet nature. Mom, you're my hero! To all mothers wherever you may be, I salute you. And to my mother, I adore you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

     Well, we've learned quite the lessons of faith and submission to the Lord this week. Marileidy was married, baptized and confirmed a member of the church! She shared her testimony in sacrament meeting and I'm sure there were more teary eyes than dry that day. She's gained such a beautiful testimony. The day before her marriage she was feeling really discouraged and down because she didn't have any money to pay for the marriage the next day. She had 40 Pesos (not even a dollar). Aridson, her husband, had tried selling his phone to get the money, but that very day the phone stopped working. The adversity was strong, but our faith was stronger. I asked her if she believed in miracles. She said, of course, but if tomorrow morning I wake up and only have 40 pesos, I'm staying in bed. We told her that she should ask anyone she hadn't yet asked to contribute, and later that night I would call and ask her how much she had. She would tell me, and I assured her that no matter the amount she had I would say "Marileidy, we've received the grace of God, and you will be getting married tomorrow morning." Even if we called her right then and there. We applied the eye of faith and truly saw it before it happened. After having her spirits lifted and faith increased, she was excited for the following day. By the grace of God, after doing what I'm convinced was absolutely everything within our power, with the help of some wonderful members in the ward, and one of the most hectic weeks of my mission, we received His grace, and I was able to tell her just that on the phone that night. The next several days, everything fell into place. The Lord certainly does hear and answer our prayers. My testimony is stronger every day and my faith in Jesus Christ continues to grow.

Love you all,
Elder Brady


Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ,
Our Redeemer, our Savior, and our Hope, is a living, breathing, active thing.
Our belief that He carried out an infinite atonement,
and that we, by His grace and mercy have rights to access it's enabling power,
should change the way we look at everything. It is not just a dream, this is reality.