Monday, November 23, 2015

"Gobble, Gobble... Count Your Many Blessings" - Week 72

November 23rd, 2015


     Things are splendid in our new area! I couldn't be happier to be here in Los Solares serving along side Elder Gaitan. He's a powerful missionary, and we really seem to understand each other. His thoughts and reasoning are similar to mine. We've gotten to know a good amount of members so far, have received blessings from the Bishop, done several services in their houses, and have had great experiences with the ward leaders. Yesterday, we received 13 referrals from members, and we hardly did anything... Our ward mission leader is really on the spot, and has coordinated times to leave with members every day of the week! Its apparent that we already have a very high level of trust from the members and they're ready and willing to work. We're excited for the results to come. I've never served in a ward quite like this. Of course, the ward counsels are mad houses like usual, but at least there isn't as much apostasy as there have been in other wards... We haven't done any exchanges yet. People call us "supers" as if we're from the Incredibles, or some Pokemon in it's evolved state... Its funny. We had a meeting with the president about the purpose of this assignment. There are four of us, and we split the mission in two. We're basically supposed to capacitate all the zone leaders who are new as leaders this transfer, and those that are blanking. We're pretty much just gonna be helping out certain missionaries and companionships. The calling is an experiment here in the mission. Our president wants to elevate the teaching skills and ability of the mission. It'll be fun. The house here is nice, and its super huge! The nights are much better now that I don't have to be taking calls and numbers, and all that other zone leader stuff! Its paradise! Any who, I'm so grateful to be serving a mission. I give thanks to God for the trials and tribulations he's provided me for my own personal growth, and I'm thankful for the power of the atonement and it's role in my life. I'm thankful for my Savior, and for the gifts and blessings I receive from a loving God every day. I was blessed with the most wonderful family on earth, and I love them dearly. Have a happy Turkey day! love you all!

Elder Brady