Monday, September 28, 2015

"I Went Down to the River to Pray... " - Week 64

September 28th, 2015

     This week was great! We had a baptism! I wish I had photos to show you all, but the internet center I'm in right now unfortunately isn't the most state of the art, and the computers won't read my card... Anywho, it was a very spiritual experience, (a pesar de las circunstancias). It was the first baptism I've done with such little water and such little light. Earlier that day we were at a service project, moving dirt and painting at the house of an investigator family of the Sisters. It went great, and they certainly needed it, but we were dead afterwards from the sun and from shoveling. However, service projects like that, even though they exhaust me, also rejuvenate the soul. After that, several hours before the baptismal service, we went to the church to fill up the font and the generator wasn't working, which also means that the water pump doesn't work either.... so the water level barely reached our knees. It was also very dark, so Elder Daniels, who was acting as one of the witnesses, had to hold a light from our cell phone over us. It was great! Baptizing in the dark... What an experience! Her name is Dilenny. We've been teaching her for about three months. She was crying as I baptized her, and it was obvious to everyone there that the Spirit was present. She has a lot of support from the young adults in the ward. Actually, in the time that I've been here, she's met a special guy... She and one of the other young adults, a friend of mine, Carlos, are planning on getting married! I can hardly believe it! I knew them both before they knew each other! Love is real... Anywho, things are pretty great. Love you all!

"But Pete and I's been saved!"
"Baptism! You two are dumber than a bag o' hammers!"

Elder Brady