Monday, October 19, 2015

"Come on in Boys! The Water is Fine!" - Week 67

October 19th, 2015

     This weekend, Hermano Pedro Hernandez (Padilla), was baptized in Vista Bella and I had the privilege to attend and perform the ordinance. I've had five months working with him, and several months before that he was contacted by missionaries. I've witnessed for five months, ups and downs, highs and lows, first his baptismal dates fall, goals met, goals failed, week after week, month after month, good days bad days, failures and triumphs, invitations declined, and invitations accepted. I've had the blessing of seeing the Lord work in the lives of this family, witnessing the conversions and baptisms of first his daughter, then his wife, and now him. It's been a long and arduous road, but one most worth taking. I can't believe the change he's made in his life with divine aid. If you could see who he was when I first met him, and who he is now, you'd have the same testimony in the healing power of the atonement and the process of repentance as I do. It's incredible. He's left drinking, coffee, and has repented of past infidelities in his marriage. This man is my brother, and this family my family. Missionaries don't often get to see the fruits of their labor like this, so I'm counting my blessings and walking on clouds. I know it was the Lord who truly prepared the way for him to make this covenant. If it weren't for obedience to the opposite sex rule, and the new policy of minors and spouses, I know he wouldn't be where he is today. We never would have been able to involve him in the lessons. In a year from now, the Hernandez family will enter into the temple of the Lord and be sealed for all eternity!Que asombroso es!

     Other than that, things are going well in El Eden. We're finding more and more members, and more and more families. This week we didn't spend as much time in the area as I would have liked due to the meetings we've had, but we'll be making up for that this week. The zone is swell. This week will be our desarollo meeting, and we'll be talking about chapters 2, 8, and 10 of PMG, so we're excited. I'll also be taking some time to talk a bit about faith. I've really been searching for some external remedies to treat internal sources of discouragement. It's not that the zone is discouraged... not at all. But we could all be a bit more invigorated about missionary work, and I'm thinking that faith is attribute we can develop more. Drawing upon that same source of faith in Jesus Christ will give us more confidence, making us more powerful messengers of the gospel, thus finding more success in the field. External to internal, and visa versa. I've always thought it was a question of perspective, and that concept has been reassured many a time. Other than that, Elder Lemus is progressing very well. He's learning a ton, and gaining more and more experience.

Anywho, Love you all!

Elder Brady